Should I slow down or speed up?

The past few weeks I've been very cranky and unmotivated.

For instance, I haven't been inspired by the beautiful jacaranda trees blooming this month.

Instead of taking pictures, I'm bothered by the rain of sticky sap that coats the cars.

Last year, it didn't bother me, but this year it's upsetting!


I read an article recently, explaining how even people who haven't had the virus, are experiencing exhaustion and negative feelings. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/05/06/992401123/if-your-brain-feels-foggy-and-youre-tired-all-the-time-youre-not-alone

The article described my feelings pretty well. 

Usually I can get over my funk, but it has been especially hard this year.


It suggested "switching things up" in one's daily routine, or taking up a new hobby. 

I don't have anything in mind yet, but I'm always interested in new hobbies!


My knee was hurting this weekend, so no marathons of gardening for now. 

It's not serious, just bruised from a lot of kneeling (and I used a kneeling pad too)


This rose at the end of the driveway is really happy, now that the fern isn't choking it.

Luckily the front yard is mostly finished.


I just need to slow down and "smell the roses." 


I have been making jewelry all this time, although I haven't blogged about it.

Here are some things I have done lately:


The Fire Mountain bead catalog is stuffed full of ideas, like this one:


I made this pendant:


I used some of the other stone beads I got from them, to make these earrings:


I also put a bunch of the gemstones into stretch bracelets:


After I put them together, the earth colors reminded me of things like mountains and forests.

Like a trip to the Grand Canyon or something!


I skipped over the "making" part, but now my basket is full of "Dragon's Eggs."

I worked on them a little every day.

It's not a great photo, so I'll go into more detail next time.

Comments

  1. Your flowers are lovely, and the close-ups are great. Yes, a lot of us are a little foggy and less productive.
    I have friends who are art machines and getting great work done. I do good to get the blog done dsily, but that okay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts