It wasn't a real gun

 This was a very long week! 

Last Sunday, I did go to Seal Beach.

It was nice and empty on the Pier.

However, I spent more time at the seashell store than at the beach itself!

I got these items:

The tide was high and I took this video:

https://youtu.be/ignDv4lDWdM

One of the things I bought was a seashell wind chime.

I have ALWAYS wanted one of these! I hung in under the awning in the front, by a window.

I was afraid it might tinkle too loudly and disturb the neighbors, but I discovered that where I live, the wind only seems to blow from 10 am to 5 pm! It's perfect.

On Monday I got my 2nd Covid vaccine at the local high school. (Pfizer)

There was a long line and it took over an hour.

While I was there I saw these intense clouds.

On Wednesday, my co-worker left early because of back pains.

She went to the hospital, but they really couldn't find anything wrong, and she is resting now.

I think it was stress! 

We have been super busy at the church now that we're mostly open.

Here is a nice picture of the "Super Moon" at the church:

While my co-worker was gone, the internet and phones at the church stopped working.

It was nice because I didn't have to answer the phone for a whole day.

At the same time we were having problems with a transient who liked to stay in the doorway of the shuttered school building.

He was pacing around and waving this broomstick at passers by.

It turned out that he went on a rampage and pulled out some important phone wires.

We got the internet fixed, and also were able to access this security camera, that he usually covers up.

While we were calling the police, we saw him put a gun in his waistband!

We were in an office on the other side of the property, so it wasn't super dangerous. 

We just locked our doors until the police came.


By the time the police came he didn't have it.

He ended up getting arrested in a normal way, instead of getting shot! 

It ended up not being a real gun, but still pretty scary!

They released him the next day (Friday.) 

We could hear him yelling on the main street nearby but he didn't come into our property...


Today, Saturday, I finished pulling out the last bit of spiky asparagus fern in the front yard.


My friend Jacki wants to see come close up photos of the flowers in my yard, so I will put that up next time. 

I have lots of pictures, but I'm too tired to get to them, right now!


Comments

  1. Great photos, Julie. I am glad you are safe. That asparagfus fern is a mess to deal with. I look forward to your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts