Windy weekend at the Pier

 On Saturday morning, it rained. 

It cleared up by afternoon, so I visited the Huntington Beach Pier.

There were still a few clouds left.

I got to the pier just as the sun set.

The pier was mostly empty, which was nice.

The next day, Sunday, was even colder and windier.

I didn't feel like I would find interesting things to photograph, but I went to the Pier again.

I tried to go earlier, but I got there just at sunset again.

This time there were no clouds at all.

The wind was especially strong, and was blowing the sand. 

I did not go down to the water, but a few brave people did.

The wind blowing the sand was remarkable. I made some videos.

https://youtu.be/qNh8CAq21hY

https://youtu.be/GB7Xg6b6XqQ

The pier was even emptier than usual, except for a few groups of teenagers.


The view from the pier was not especially interesting.

The interesting part was trying to walk while the wind was blowing!

https://youtu.be/RlBafi6dms8


On Friday, I discovered some one had cut the logs at the church, into smaller pieces.

Actually, the other logs had disappeared for a week. Some one might have cut the old logs into smaller pieces. These logs looked larger. They might be from the trunk that's still standing. 

There's also a chance the tree trimmers brought them from a different tree.

I'll ask around. I hope they are from the church's tree.

Here is the slice that I got:

It's almost too heavy to pick up. I have to roll it like a wheel.

Eventually I will put legs on it and make a table.

The instructions say to dry it for a few months first, before sanding it...


Comments

  1. Loved your blog and the videos, especially the one of you in the wind. Also, I had never noticed the sand moving before, so that was really cool. I really liked the one of the water surge, where you said it not especially interesting? The log slice will be cool, it already is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts