What is Wood Stabilizer and Why You Might Need It

 Last week was kind of depressing at work. 

The governor closed indoor activities again, including church services.

We had to call a lot of people to let them know their event was being moved outdoors.

It was a lot of calls, for instance each weekend we do about 20 baptisms, but it's better now.


I took this picture of the crescent moon (last week.)


Also the tree trimmers made more logs. Besides the big pine tree, also what looked like some kind of Eucalyptus tree.


They seemed to cut everything into random shapes, which was annoying.

Still were too big for firewood, and too big for me to move!


Eventually I found another huge slice of log to use as a table:

After getting the second log, I was motivated to look for the legs for the "table" I have in mind.

Here is a picture of the idea I have, from Pinterest:


I could have ordered the exact kind of legs, but I went to Home Depot in person because I like shopping. Their selection of table legs was disappointing.

Also, they were completely out of the brackets for mounting them.

I wanted a certain length and this was the only style they had.

I found the brackets and a different set of legs at Lowe's.

The cashier there recommended I sand and seal the log as soon as possible, to prevent termites.

I didn't consider termites! Ugh.


I looked up instructions. I found a blog that went along with one of the "idea" pictures:

https://www.17apart.com/2012/10/how-to-diy-stump-table.html

I know there is wood stain and stuff like that in the shed. I will have to go back to the store and look for something called "Wood Stabilizer."

I know what sandpaper is, but does my dad have a sander somewhere?

It looks like I have quite a bit of work ahead of me. 

But, I'm excited to have a long weekend ahead, too.


Comments

Popular Posts