Fairy Bridge, A Sunset, A Full Moon

This weekend was really lovely, no rain, not too hot.

There are still water lilies blooming.


I started working on my fairy garden bridge.

I used craft sticks instead of the twigs I collected, because the twigs just weren't doing it.

I cut the round ends off of the sticks.

I used some water based stain to give them a weathered appearance.

This paper towel dispenser worked to hold the "arches" of the bridge in place.

The wood glue dried very fast this time, maybe because the weather is a bit dry.

Here is what it is looking like:

Here is a view from underneath:

I deliberately left irregular gaps between the sticks.

I like the way the light shines through.

I still might make a "hand-rail," using my twigs.

At least now I have a solid base to work from.


On Halloween I dressed up in my best 80's clothes and went for a drive.

I put on a full face of make-up, which I rarely do, so I had to take a selfie:

I left the house too late to go anywhere, like the beach, but there was a really nice sunset.



There was a full moon last night.

Usually I can't take a good picture of the moon. 

My cell phone camera can't focus on it because it is too far away, and it appears as a blob.

This time, because of the clouds, I was able to get a decent picture, for once.

There was kind of an ice ring, which made it colorful.


Today, Sunday, there is another low tide and similar clouds, which means I'm going to the beach!

Comments

  1. You've been really productive Julie! The bridge is coming along great! I love your projects, you always find a good solution. Your selfie is beautiful, maybe sometimes you could model your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts