Paver bricks and Jewelry inspired by Sundance

This week was pretty depressing at work.
Some ministers were out sick, another minister's husband committed suicide due to depression over his lost job, and a neighboring pastor was out sick and their church basically shut down.

Last weekend I began working on fixing this area with the paver bricks.
Here, I pulled up the loose pavers that were sliding down a slope:
The pets are hoping something interesting comes out from under the bricks.
Luckily there was nothing there!

Here I cleared out most of the grass.

I am planning to put about 9 or 10 more pavers to make the area larger.

Here, I filled in the slope with some of the dirt that was left over from building the fence.

I worked on it during the short time after work and before the sun sets.
I already have the pavers and sand to go under them. I should be done this weekend...

My dad picked this huge zucchini that had grown in the vegetable garden.
It's not the biggest zucchini that I've ever grown, but it surprised me because I didn't see it.

I found a fountain on Clearance at Michael's. 
It was $11.

I stuck it into the top of my Betta fish tank. 

The fountain uses the same kind of pump made for tiny fish bowls.
It's supposed to help circulate the water.
It lights up, too!
I'll have to take a better picture... The water is pretty gross here, but it's better now.


Monday or Tuesday, I got an email of the new Sundance company catalog.

I copied some earrings and a bracelet.



I was not really satisfied with the results. 
I felt they were kind of stale or lacking energy.
Maybe because I was trying too hard to copy the original.

I liked this bracelet  a little better:

Even if they came out awkwardly, I was pleased to be making things again.

Comments

  1. I agree, it's good to keep working at the things that fuel you. I think it is too easy to let all the current craziness immobilize us. Good work Julie, I love seeing what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts