Jewelry for my garden

The other day, I saw this air plant holder on Pinterest.
I've wanted to try and make it for awhile.

I have a bunch of air plants under a tree in the yard.
They grow naturally in a wild bunch, but there are plenty to spare for crafts.

I also have a lot of wire. 
Some of it was too thick for jewelry but it was good for this project.
The jute covered wire was a recent purchase from Michael's.

I used a funnel to wrap the wire into a "spring" shape to hold the plant.
After re-constructing the project, I realized that wasn't necessary.
Making a cylindrical coil works just as well, because you can shape it afterward.

I also have random beads that are too large and bulky for jewelry.
And these plastic vase-filler crystals.

The original idea used some intricately wire wrapped stones as connectors.
I didn't have patience for fancy wire wrapping, at least not this day.
Instead I used more simple connector pieces.

It was one of those projects where once you get a rhythm going, you make a bunch.

Here are a bunch of wire spirals for holding the plants:
I discovered that the pieces connect together like building blocks.
I can string them together in different ways.

Here they are hanging from a closet rack I have for hanging stuff in the patio:
Here I have added the air plants:
I haven't had time to decorate my garden with them, yet.
I need a quieter moment.

I'm afraid to wish I had more time to spend just enjoying the garden... 
Sometimes it feels like there are only enough hours in the day to do weeding.

But, the alternative would probably mean that things get shut down again.
So I'm happy with the little bit of time I have!

Comments

  1. Really great, Julie! I love your projects and the way you figure out the how's of the project.
    This is really fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts