More faces




This week was pretty dull.





















I didn't do any jewelry, or draw, or do any serious crafts.


The shootings and fires and stuff just made me uninspired, I guess.























The change of time means that I'm usually at work and miss seeing any cool sunsets.



I did doodle and write in my journal all this time.

But, anything I did would have to be censored before I posted to the blog.






There was a brake line that was flapping around under the green car making an awful noise.


The last time I visited Don, he put a zip-tie on it to fix it.


















It came loose again, and I put another zip-tie on it.

Probably I should go back to Don so he can come up with a better solution.


A zip tie! That's all I've done with the cars all month!




Thursday (yesterday) I did go to Jacki's class at the art studio, again.

The subject has been faces.

The class provided us with materials, and face photos to look at.





In a warm up, we got a china marker (kind of wax crayon) and doodled on scrap paper.

I copied this man's face from a photo.



























I had not drawn in a VERY long time.

The proportions were a little off, but I was more surprised that I could still "draw."

I hid him away because I wan't in the mood to deal with that.



I drew him again using a dried up Sharpie marker.



























These faces came out nice, but in this class we were not trying for realism.


The idea was to have fun, and do things that were out of our comfort zone.





One thing we did was fill pages of tissue paper, with faces.






















Somehow I could not combine "fun" with realism.

I was just in a cranky mood all day...




Here I used a dried-up Sharpie marker:





























Some of the other students pasted their pages onto a canvas, and it was a cool effect.

Another thing we could do was tear them all up and use them in collage.



I went in a  different direction and drew a face, and pasted other tissue paper on top.































I could have painted on them, but they were nice at this stage.




Another thing we did was paint faces, on great big sheets of paper.

We passed around different colors of acrylic paint, and didn't clean our brush.

It was a fun exercise and produced a totally different style.


Unfortunately, I was still cranky at the end of the class, and just wanted to take a nap.

I set the paintings aside to dry, and went home without them!




You can see a painting, and the rest of the class's work on Jacki's blog, today:


http://jackilong.blogspot.com/2018/11/day-2304-okay-i-ate-it.html


Comments

  1. I LOVE your china marker draeing, it looks amazingly like Ted Turner? I didn't see this in class? I now realize that I mis-crediteded one your drawing and credited it to Kenshin, I will go back in now and fix that. Also, feel free to pull you artwork off my blog and add to your, anytime. An easy fix.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts