I almost finished two weaths.

 This week, I decided to make some wreaths, for no special reason.

I found this flocked lavender type floral pick at Dollar Tree.

I combined it with a small metal wreath hoop, (set of two) also from Dollar tree.

I thought 6 picks would be enough, but it didn't look the way I wanted.

I had this large plastic garland with fern-like leaves, left over from a Christmas wreath project.

It is faded because it was in my sunny patio for a year. 

I filled in the empty places.

It looks better, but it could still use more floral picks, maybe in the center.

Next I decided to make the same wreath, but with real plants and flowers.

We have a lot of lavender at the church garden. 

They planted several large lavender bushes, so I was able to take some without leaving the plants denuded.

I had picked enough to use with the 8" wreath form, but I decided to use a bigger one.

Since I knew I didn't have enough flowers, I cut some rosemary and also some of the purple sage blossoms from around the yard.

It seemed like I was going to complete the wreath, but I ended up running out of lavender.

It used a lot of lavender! 

I wonder if I can buy cut lavender at a flower shop?

It was still very satisfying to make.

Comments

Popular Posts