State of the Yard

 


I didn't do a lot of crafts this week (or at least, I didn't photograph them.)

Most of my free time I spent working in the garden.


I'm still almost, almost finished with this strip in the front.

I've been diligent about it because last year I waited too long, and it became like cement.

I started from around the area by the red car's back tire, and toward the street.


I just need to remove this spiky fern thing around the rose.

This fern is hard to remove because it has spines.


This purple plant (of all the purple-y blue things I planted) is my favorite:


I immediately forgot what species it is, but on the label the variety was called "Bottom of the Porch" from where it was found.

It is even more purple than the jacaranda trees.


Right now the trees are bare.

They will bloom in a month or so.


Some of the bulbs I planted, are coming up.

I regret not having much faith in the bulbs, or  I would have spread them out a bit more.

I don't expect all these plants to last, but at least the ground is tilled and mulched.


I haven't done much with the back yard this year.

Luckily all the work I put in last year, has kept the weeds manageable.

The pond always needs thinning out. 

I didn't drain and patch the leak, like I wanted to, this winter.

Here is the first pink water lily of the year!

My vegetable patch is doing nice.

I managed to grow something besides tomatoes this year!

I have this giant dill.

I've never been a fan of dill, but I tried a little and it was really tasty! 

Now I need a recipe...

Only one sugar snap pea grew, but it's very happy.

Dad can't do a whole lot, but he does the watering and that is enough to keep him active.

He is well.


This weekend my goals are to make crafts, (and photograph it) and visit the beach.

Same as every weekend, I guess!

Comments

  1. Wow, you have some lovely colors in your yard. I hope you are wearing gloves when working with the ferns, they are treacherous! Sometime maybe try and extreme close-up at various angles?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts