The fence, continued

During the week was very stressful at work.

On Tuesday some layoffs were announced.
There is also the threat that the governor will close down things again!

I didn't really had time to hang around and watch the fence builder at work.
But he finished on Thursday

Here are some progress pictures on the fence:
I wasn't sure how it would all go together but it was very nice
I was able to save these shrubs, but I had to cut them way back.

They were starting to bloom, too.
I am happy to sacrifice a few flowers, to have this awesome new fence.

I like how he used some of the scrap brick laying around in my yard as filler.

This week I also got rid of this stubborn patch of fern by the pond.
Here it is that area when I started on it around the middle of May:
There were rocks there, but after 2 or 3 years they became buried.

Here is the same area in the beginning of June, after I pruned it back:
It took one month to get rid of that little bit, mostly because of the spiders.
Here it is on Tuesday evening:

I  also arranged the waterfall pumps and hoses, and painted them with camouflage paint.

Now I'm putting the river rock back around the pond.

That is the fun part!

The fence was finished today, Thursday.
Here I put some of the plants back by the fence.
I had to pay a little extra to have the filler bricks match my other walls.
It was a great deal and I really never anticipated taking out that old fence this year.
Thanks to my neighbor who saw me taking out the wayward cactus.

I haven't planted my seedlings in the vegetable garden corner, yet, but they are there.
They make a special compost to add to topsoil to make it garden soil.
Which I added, here before mixing:

I'm happy to have this 3 day weekend.
I've got plenty to do, and I don't miss the beach much.

Comments

  1. Amazing transformation, Julie! You must be so happy with their work, and it always feel so good, motivatitng even to continue. Good for you. Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts