July 4th in Santa Ana


Today I finally got around to editing the pictures I took on July 4th.

My dad and I and the dog sat in the backyard to watch all the illegal fireworks.

We had a better view this year since we took out the big tree.

I've never had much luck photographing fireworks.

It's not easy to capture the full 360 degree effect with a still picture.
Here are some videos I uploaded to YouTube:



The ideal view would be with a drone, you can find many other people's videos of that.



There was a full moon on July 4th.
I had a goal of photographing the moon with fireworks.

My phone's camera does many things, but taking pictures of the moon is not one of them.
I adjusted the settings and got a neat effect, but not much moon:

Eventually I got a view of the moon that almost looks like a moon:
Somewhere, I have a digital SLR camera with a zoom lens, which is what I should have used.
Maybe next time.
It was nice just sitting around the bonfire, and looking at the sky.

Comments

  1. Really nice, Julie. The last photo has a renaissance look to it, the coloring and composition. Brava!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts