I misplaced my driver's license, and found a car show


I've been pretty bored, (or boring,) the last few weeks.

Instead of making art, I have been obsessed with polishing the wheels on my cars.

They are made of aluminum alloy and they get dull over time.















I could paint them with clear coat to preserve the shine, but that eventually flakes off.

I've been doing like one wheel each day.

It takes about an hour each wheel to get them to shine like chrome.



















Also cleaning the water crust from the spokes (gold part) with a toothbrush.

I'm sure the neighbors must think I'm strange (if they didn't already know)

I think I'm de-stressing...



















I gave the red car extra wax.


















I almost got "snow blind" from all that red! (It takes about 2-3 hours.)

There will always be little dings that nobody notices but me.















Now the green one needs a wax day.

















The work was worth it, I got comments everywhere I went this week.


One day, I bought some wine at Walmart, and I thought the cashier kept my ID.

I was panicking about it losing it, and went back to the store.
(Eventually I found my license somewhere else)

While at the store, I found a random car show that I didn't know about!
















This would not be a car show I'd try to enter.



















First of all, all the cars were perfectly flawless.


















Also they were at least 2 generations older than mine.



















Or way older.



















I kept looking around thinking I'd run into some one I knew, but I didn't.



















It was cool to find this unexpected car show, it lifted my mood on a day when I was feeling extremely stressed out!




















Comments

  1. Glad you got de-stressed. The car looks lovely, no wonder you get compliments. I admire your work ethic Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts