Art class


I'm getting way behind on my blog.

On Thursday's I'm taking a class at Catalyst art studio, part of Art Supply Warehouse in Westminster.

























It's one of Jacki's classes, of course.

The theme of this 4 week class is "Fantasy Travel Journal."

I don't like to travel, especially not by plane. But I can pretend...


Last Thursday was the first class. We worked on making the journal.

Jacki gave us several used books we could re-purpose.

I picked out this book because it had a map on the fly-leaf.

(The art store also provided the class with a spiral bound sketchbook to take home.)















I enjoyed tearing up the used book more than using the brand new one!






















Jacki provided us with papers, needle and thread, and an awl to poke holes.

I made packets of various papers and sewed them into the book.




















Jacki brought a supply of old magazines that we could tear up and use.

This article reminded me about the mosquito bites that have plagued me recently.

























She also had some really cool magazines from the 60's.

I worked very quickly and by the end of the class I had started a second book:














After class I had a few hours to kill before work.

I stopped by Don's shop, but he wasn't there...
I haven't heard from him in a long time.

The last time I saw him, he mentioned an operation, so hopefully he's doing OK.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts