Broken Angel Number Four

 Not all of my time has been spent with the puppy.

At work I am training a new co-worker with me at the front desk. My other co-worker was needed in a different department, and it was hard to let her go. 

The new hire is doing well, though.


Big Red the cat visits us more than ever now, and amuses us with his ability to sleep through anything.


One time I heard very human-like snoring in the office, and I thought it was coming from the cat! It ended up being a very tired lady, who fell asleep in the chairs, waiting for her appointment.

A few days ago, I was walking around outside the office and I found pieces of a broken angel.

It was some kind of resin religious statue.

I gathered all the pieces together. 

I didn't know what it was supposed to be, but I began to glue it together, anyway.

It looked like a Jesus with wings, and a Cupid, and the planet earth!

Not a very traditional kind of statue.

I heard of a way that the Japanese have to fix broken pottery with gold, called Kintsugi.

(I have fixed a few other broken angel statues this way.)

I don't know the traditional way. I use some random gold stuff I found, made by Pebeo.


It's called CerneRelief. I think it is meant to create outlines, along with Pebeo's "glass" paints.

In this case, there were a lot of pieces missing, so it wasn't like I was going to be able to hide the cracks anyway.


Before I took it home, I decided to figure out what happened. It was disturbing to think somebody smashed a statue at the church.

We have a serious security camera system at the church...

The culprit was some one who often does random things. Sometimes he ties shoelaces around gates to keep them locked, other times we find the statuary has been moved in the night.

He randomly removed the angel from some flowers around another, large statue.

Apparently there was something about this one that he didn't like!

Then he yeeted it into the office yard. 

It must have struck cement, so it shattered.

I didn't feel as upset, knowing that at least he didn't take a hammer to it, or something.


I added it to my window flower box, with my other broken angels.

It was kind of an odd image, so I looked it up online. 

This is the Archangel Chamuel, known for fixing broken relationships!

I'm personally not  into angel-ology, but I think the idea is cute.

There is always a need for bridges to be mended.

Comments

Popular Posts