Lights and glass dome, continued

After finding the lights and dome at the Dollar Tree ($1.25 tree), I decided to go larger.

After looking at ideas online, I thought about a big lantern-shaped thing.

I went to Hobby Lobby, and they have a lot of big lanterns, for candles.



But, on closer inspection, these did not look like they could hold plants and water.

I would have to put in a square planter into the bottom.


I found something like a pie plate with a glass dome.

This was OK (and half price this day) so I started by filling it with dirt.

I have plenty of dried moss left over from other projects, and lots of live plants.

I picked the smallest cuttings of succulents from my yard.



Right away, I thought about making a prehistoric diorama.

This reminds me of one of my college art professors, he was really into Roy Harryhausen.

I decided to take it to the office and show it off. 

In transit, it got all scrambled up and I had to re-do it. I deleted the toys and added more plants.

One of my co-workers was brave enough to ask me about it. (I think they thought I bought it.)

I offered to make her a similar one, if she bought the container.

(The toys are still in my drawer at the office, just in case things get slow.)

I ended up not using the lights from the Dollar Tree at all, because what if they rusted?


I am enjoying the long weekend and the warm weather. 

I am venturing outside again, to do garden stuff.

I need to pick oranges and tangelos.


The Navel Oranges grew so close together, they got bruised!

The dwarf tangelo is about to fall over, with its fruit.


I will post up some after pictures, but I'm tired out today.

Comments

Popular Posts