New sketchbook

I haven't posted in over a week, again!

Here are some pictures from around the garden.

The strip I planted in the front, continues to make flowers! 

We water way too much than is acceptable, or they would have dried up by now.

Some of the things I planted are drought-tolerant plants, though.

There are also some gladiolus coming up from bulbs.

And sage, with long purple stems.


Here is a view around the fish pond.

Here is the first water hyacinth this year.

I have to remember to leave the mature plants when I thin out the plants, or I won't get flowers.

I like the way these Canna Lilies look like the same color of the berries on the bush.


We have all been quite sad since Blackie died.

Sam is usually very clingy, like a shadow, but now instead he spends a lot of time sleeping.

On July 4th he seemed really bored.


He is not anxious around fireworks, so I brought him out to the front yard to watch them.

Here he is with Dad.

Here's a video from July 4th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_aJLay_C6s

Here is how the dog reacts to the fireworks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLh8ea5IFm4


I finished one sketchbook, which I started in January.


The paper was OK, but it was bound on the short end rather than the long end, which I didn't like.

A few months ago I found this exciting-looking sketchbook at Walmart.

It's fat and wide, and I've been dying to try it out.

It has thick paper for mixed media. The paper has a texture, which I don't like.

I found this book, at the school-that's-closing's library.

The group that's turning the school into a high school, is having a community meeting next week, so it's pretty finalized.

I'm really excited about working next door to a high school! 

It won't open until 2023.

I didn't look at the book closely, but I found that it's not just for children, and it has nice warm-ups and exercises that adults can use, too. It's more fun than "The Artist's Way."

I feel like I haven't done any drawing in so long, that I'm like an "adult beginner," too!

Comments

  1. Very nice posy, Julie. I always enjoy seeing what you are up too. I was wondering if Sam might be hard of hearing? Which is an advantage on the 4th?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts