I bought a pocket printer

I have been doing arts and crafts, but I have been lazy about photographing stuff.

Here is a collage I made in my sketchbook, last week.


I based it on a grid, which is a technique I learned from my art teacher friend, Jacki Long.

The subject is a little random, but I was trying to get "unblocked," and making this helped.


One day, I saw this little wireless printer advertised online, so I bought one.

It uses thermal printing, (no ink) and prints out onto a paper, exactly like a receipt from the store.


It's probably not very "archival," so I expect the images will fade in a year or two.

One thing it could do is print labels, but they are sold out of the sticker paper.

I can print from my phone and my PC, but it doesn't like my Chromebook tablet.


I made a grid in my sketchbook, and made a collage using some of the print outs.


I haven't blogged about it, but I've been making jewelry all the while.

I make a few things each week.

This week I reworked these earrings I found in the clearance rack at Jo-Ann's:

They were fine the way they were, but I added these Peridot stones from Fire Mountain:


I'm very pleased with my jewelry making, now.

I feel like I can copy almost any design I see (that doesn't require soldering.)

Last week I made these things:



All of these ideas were inspired by jewelry I saw in the Sundance catalog.


Now that I have learned to order the stuff I want online, like from Fire Mountain, instead of depending on things from the major stores, I feel like the things I make are turning out the way I want them to look.

Comments

Popular Posts