Yarn Wall Art

I see I haven't blogged in two weeks!

Everything is going well. 

Mostly been doing chores and things that don't photograph well.


My garden is green and growing. 

I haven't been to the beach because it's summer, and too crowded.

So far, the hot weather hasn't started here yet.

My goals this summer are to slow down, and appreciate what I've got.


This past week I made a yarn craft.

I had been to Home Goods, just happy to be out shopping.

I saw a lot of macrame wall art.


I thought I could make something similar myself, so I looked at some ideas online:

There isn't really much to it... just tying a knot.

Here's another idea I saw online:


I selected some earth toned yarns from my random collection of yarns.


For a stick, I used a piece of bamboo that I salvaged from the yard at the church last month.


They had to take all the plants out, to get rid of the bamboo.

It looks kinda sad now:


Also I bought some of this cotton rope from the Dollar Tree.


I did this project while watching You Tube. 

I laid the bamboo stick between two shelves so I could watch and work at the same time.


Lately, I've been watching live broadcasts of news photographers, who drive around to get stories. They're called stringers, which is kind of a coincidence.

Anyway here is the work in progress:



I hung it in the space above my bed. 

I wanted to put something soft there, not like a picture frame, in case it falls in an earthquake!

It looks like I slaughtered a yak...

It needs a trim!

I might add something horizontal to it, like like this idea:


Mostly I'm pleased that I tried making something completely different.

Comments

Popular Posts