Random things and more eggs

It's a new month! I always like to start off with a blog post.

While walking home from the church one evening, I saw a pretty swallowtail butterfly.

There is some promising news that the governor might allow the churches to open again in a few weeks, but it will be back to the limit of 100 people per service, for awhile. So we will still be doing the Sunday services outdoors for at least another month..

I hardly went outside all week, and only just to drive around.

I was kind of in a mopey mood all week.

I noticed Netflix just started showing the Karate Kid spinoff show "Cobra Kai."

Of course I had seen all the movies as a kid, and couldn't wait to see the new one.

The main character's car looked mighty familiar:

Its funny, because it's an iconic car. When I go out, I know I'm looking like an 80's meme.

But it also wasn't funny either.

The paint on my red car will look like that in a couple years (they all fade the same way)

And the character's role made me think too hard about my life choices, and where I am today.

Is it a case of life imitating art?




The dragon eggs are progressing slowly. 

They need layers and layers of paint, but it keeps me occupied a little bit every day.

On this egg, I tried to make a swirly design with hot glue:


It was looking nice, but then I tried to stick some huge jewels on it.

It looks like poop! I think I can still pry off the offending beads.

Also, I have a lot of difficulty with the hot glue making "threads."

Here is another attempt at "drawing" swirls with hot glue.

I will paint over both of the glued eggs again.

I began putting glossy Mod Podge on the ones that I feel are close to being finished.

 I really don't like Mod Podge for paper projects, but I thought it would help seal the edges.

Here is after it dried:

It did not dry at all sticky, or make the beads dull.

Besides the dragon eggs, I made some other random crafts.

One day I made this bunch of pink bracelets:

They didn't seem to be inspired by anything, I just liked how the colors went together.


At work I went through a pile of mail, and noticed a lot of security envelopes.

I made some collage borders from the envelope interiors, in my journal.

I was really satisfied with the patchwork look. I made another:


Maybe next time, I'll have something to put into the frames.

Comments

  1. So glad to see your post, Julie. I love hearing and seeing what you are doing.
    I liked everything, but naturally, I loved the security envelopes. I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts