I did some gardening and other stuff

I got a lot done on Saturday.

Maybe I felt energized by the cooler weather?


In the morning I made these earrings based on some ideas on Pinterest 

(not any specific idea)


I was inspired by the earrings I made a few days ago. 

Hammering metal is a good stress reliever, although a bit noisy.


My hammering table is outside in the patio.

I was inspired by all the sparrows that I watched come to our yard.

The birds like it when the yard is neat and tidy, because the cat can't ambush them.


Things were getting overgrown, and I finally felt like tackling it.


It wasn't too overwhelming, since the growing season is coming to an end.


I trimmed this star jasmine plant, and part of the hibiscus tree.

Here is the after:


I've never had so many water hyacinths bloom before. 

Last year I only got one or two blooms, but this year they've been going for two months straight!

This summer I was in the garden more than ever, so I figured them out.

I discovered they like to be thinned out, or else the blossom can't make it out of the water.

Here is a nice picture of one from last week, (just before the fires made the sun orange)


I lost a birdhouse when we cut down the big mimosa tree in the yard earlier this year.

It's making a comeback from the stump:



Today, this tangelo tree looked big enough to put a new birdhouse in it.


I don't know how often sparrows lay eggs. Would be nice if it is all year round?


Working in the garden made me pretty tired. 

Somehow, I found the energy to wash the week's layer of ash from the cars before the end of the day. 


I usually only drive the Green car a few days each month, because of a transmission problem.

It runs almost like a regular car, but definitely not like the beast it should be.

Washing it and moving it around today, was a step in the direction of getting it fixed.

I'm anxious about going to a new mechanic, but it needs to be done this month, perhaps.

I'll post about that soon...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts