In the garden and tried some watercolor


Friday was my day off and I did a few things around the garden.







I took some pictures of flowers.
























I almost never see the sage flowering.



It looked like lavender but it didn't smell pretty at all.




The ranunculus from San Diego in the front yard is at an end.




There are some marigolds and daisies next to it that will last a little longer.




Here is a bunch of things that I picked in the back yard.






The other day I visited with an old friend who had an old picture I painted with watercolor.

It reminded me that I haven't painted flowers in about a year.



I decided to try painting those roses with watercolor.




It took me a while to find my painting supplies.

Everything is still scattered all over the place.



I sketched the flowers in my sketchbook with a watercolor pencil, and went over it with a wash.





This went OK.



Then I filled it in with watercolors from a tray.



Choosing the right colors was harder than I remembered.



It would have been OK, but I felt like adding a background.

I painted an ugly brown background, and ruined it!



It's nice to see the pictures of the progress, so I can see where I messed up.

Comments

  1. Wonderful Julie!
    And I like the brown,
    it sets off the pinks! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts