San Diego part 1

My sister has been planning a trip for us for several months.
I told her I didn't care where.
So, we spent the week in San Diego!

We left last Thursday, and arrived back home today.
(My sister is staying with other friends in LA this weekend.)



I used to take 2 or even 3 weeks off at a time to visit my brother or sister, who live in the mid west.
The last time I took such a trip, besides sick days, was in 2009!
(Mostly because of taking care of various elder family members.)

I used to take the train to San Diego every year.
When I was in college, I'd go to the Comic Con.

The city was familar to me, so I thought this trip would be boring.




I did a lot of the driving.
I like to drive!
(I bought the red car, in downtown, just two years ago.)

I'm not used to using navigation apps, so we ended up in a lot of strange places.




Neither of us had an agenda, so it was OK.
One day we ended up on this park on top of a hill.
I got a great picture!



The airbnb we stayed at was so/so.
I don't have a good picture of before or during, but it wasn't quite as advertised.

Here is one shot of the interior. It was a mid-century modern duplex.

We made a trip to the Dick Blick brick and mortar store.


(I learned there is a Blick store closer to home, in Fullerton!)



I bought some powdered pigment and various other things.



I brought paint and Stabilos on my trip to share with my sister, who was making Thank-You cards.

I didn't think I would make art, but I bought a notebook and glue sticks at the corner deli, and filled up 10 pages with collages!
Which I will post up soon...


Internet was spotty, so I didn't get to update my blog as well as I'd like.

But it was still a relaxing trip.




I love the old buildings!





My bank at home, looks nothing like this!



I have never taken a trip to San Diego, and been disappointed.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts