Another place, another face.



On Monday Mom moved to a different facility that will focus more on building her strength.
It was not the ideal place, but my uncle was here for a couple weeks a few years ago and they helped him recover from a stroke, enough to where he could be independent.
I don't expect that much from Mom but if she gets more mobility we can bring her back home.

It was difficult getting used to new surroundings.
I didn't sleep well on Monday night but Mom seemed ok on Tuesday morning.
I met with the staff and they were starting her on physical therapy right away.

I haven't found any free coffee. However, today I found the Wi-fi password.

The other day I painted mom's nails and brought her a bracelet, because I noticed that she has to wear all kinds of hospital ID bracelets, so a pretty one wouldn't be any more bother.

Today at home I made her a new bracelet that I copied from the Sundance catalog.
I don't have a picture of the original. No offense intended to the original, talented artist.

I noticed that it's hard to find oval, flat beads like they use, at regular craft stores like Michael's and Jo-Ann's. Everything is perfectly round.


This one took about an hour and a half.
I think if I get fast enough than making things, maybe will be worth the effort and materials that go into it... For now, though, they are just a pass time.


Tonight I drew another face in Painter, I copied it from a shampoo ad:
I had an idea to tint a face with different colors...


To start out, I played around with impasto patterns.




I added color but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for:


But I had fun with the textures in the background.
The good thing about doing it in the computer is saving at different stages.
Then potentially I could go back and go in a different direction.

Comments

  1. So glad your Mom is better.
    I love seeing your art, thanks for sharing! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts