San Diego trip Continued

I had to work on Friday, the day after I got back from San Diego.
Today I was still unpacking.
I also still had things to put away after the remodelling.

Here are some more pictures from the trip.

Last weekend we went to a shopping center in downtown by the ocean.

We went there on Friday and Saturday to eat and shop.



Las Saturday, they had a busker festival, which was a competition of street performers.




Some were better than others.




On Sunday we went to the Mission of San Diego de Alcala.







I have never been to this mission.  I think it is the oldest of the missions.

Going through my photos, I see that I was mostly fascinated by the grounds, and the old, gnarly trees and cactus.













I only took two pictures inside the old church building, where we went to Mass.




Throughout the service, I was fascinated by these old beams of the ceiling, and the windows which were set high in the thick walls.



This probably wasn't the original ceiling.

Like the Mission in San Juan Capistrano, there was a time when the mission was in ruins, and it was restored over many years.


On the mission grounds was a chapel that was brought over from Europe.

It was from the 1500's.


The women sat on the sides, in these little booths.




The booths were topped by some peculiar carvings.




Pretty neat, old stuff!


Comments

  1. Great pictures Julie, it finally occurred to me to click on the images and Wow!;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts