Flower Fields at Carlsbad!

On the way back from San Diego, (now over 1 week ago,)
my sister recommended that we go to this place by Lego Land called the Flower Fields of Carlsbad.



I had never been here but passed by many times. ( I know Huell Howser has been there.)


Apparently the park is a seasonal thing.

It had just opened the weekend before, so not every flower was in bloom.

The fields are planted with Ranunculus, which looks like a poppy with more petals.

Apparently they stagger the blooming so not all the flowers are in bloom at the same time.


There is a tractor-bus to drive you around, but we decided to walk.



This hillside by the entrance is planted in the colors of the American flag.

(I didn't realize what it was until we drove past it, outside of the park.)



The whole park is long and narrow.

It was more than a mile long, so we couldn't see one end from the other.




For awhile I thought there wouldn't be any flowers to see, this early in the season.

But as we walked, I could see colorful stripes in the distance.

At first the blossoms were sparse.


The farther we went, the more blossoms there were.



Every section had a different color.



I took so many great pictures of this place!





Before I left for San Diego, the church got a grant and we recieved new computers.

We got computers with dual monitors, which is fun.

One screen has the calendar to book events, and the other screen is for data entry.

I quickly learned that you can stretch your desktop background to fill both screens.


The pictures I took of the flower fields made amazing desktop backgrounds!




I also brought a few Ranunculus home to plant in my front yard.

This orange color was our favorite.



Comments

  1. GREAT photos Julie! Great!
    I would have bought orange too! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts