Some holiday crafts

I've been too busy to blog much, but I'm not ready to give up on it completely...

I haven't done any Christmas decorating at home. Or any gardening.

Most of the interesting things I have been doing, have been at work.

I've been driving the Green car to and from work, to get the cobwebs out.

I haven't found a new mechanic in the past two years, but I'm getting ready to shop around.


Last weekend was the big Guadalupe Festival.

A stage was built. They had a play this year, instead of a parade of floats.

I mostly stayed away, although I did make a few paper bag flowers to decorate.

This was a new craft (for me,) basically you paste together 8 or 9 paper bags, on top of each other.

Then you cut them in a snowflake pattern, and voila.

It's so cheap and easy to make these. I was able to make 13 big stars for $5 (not counting glue)

I will definitely be doing them again next year.


At the office, some one donated a Christmas Tree.


I donated some of my own unused Christmas ornaments from home.

I found some old frosted glass ornaments that were not very nice, not even to donate.

I looked at some ideas on Pinterest (that's where I get all my ideas)

I drew on an ornament with a paint marker.

I liked where this was going, but I needed a finer point marker. 

This was an excuse to buy a set of white Posca paint markers I'd been wanting...

(They also make this set in all black. Next time, for sure! )

While browsing on Pinterest, I also found an idea for making ornaments out of soda cans.

It takes a round piece cut from a soda can.

I've already tried to make earrings out of soda cans, so I had saved a few pretty cans.

Then all you do fold it, Origami style, make a few cuts, and it makes a star.

It has a front and a back. This is the back. No glue required.

I didn't take any "after" pictures, but here's the office cat, with some ornaments in the background.

I'm still in the process making these ornaments, but I will try to post an update before Christmas!


I have two other projects I couldn't fit in to the blog today, as well.


I figured I'd finish with a picture of a rainbow at the church I took, on Tuesday.

I've been too busy to go to the beach much lately, but I still know how to find a rainbow!

Comments

Popular Posts