More Christmas crafts

Merry Christmas!

Is it safe to come outside?

This season has just been so...!


I have some more pictures of my ornament crafts to post.

Here are some of my folded soda can stars:


This is the tutorial I followed:

http://themayberryhomejournal.blogspot.com/2013/12/red-neck-soda-can-ornaments-tutorial.html

I used my stars on the office Christmas tree, since I didn't put up a tree at home.


The best cans are from Monster energy drink.

I kept this one for an "Anytime ornament" in my craft room.


At the office, I also made this Christmas tree out of twine and clothespins.

I didn't follow a specific tutorial, I was just trying to fill the empty space in the wall.

I only used three thumb tacks to hold it up, because I didn't want to make holes in the wall!

Everyone likes it, but I think it could have turned out neater.


I got a good suggestion for next year, which is to make it from a string of tiny lights.


Here are some pictures of the ornaments I was painting with acrylic markers:


I tested out my markers on this old frosted ornament, to see which one I liked best.


This clear plastic ornament came from the Dollar Tree.

I filled it with fake snow and glitter and painted a snowy scene on it:


I only made this one, but I like it the best.


I found many ideas about things to stuff into clear ornaments.

I have a bunch of these "pipe cleaner" trees from a mini Christmas scene:


I didn't get very far, and now the holiday is just about over! 

Back in the closet they go.


One last project I didn't include in the last blog post....

They had cleared out the classrooms of the closed-down school and there were a bunch of shelves sitting around the yard. I knew that once the holidays came around, things would get thrown in the trash. Also, it was going to rain.

So I brought home... the library card catalog!


This is like the holy grail of craft- hoarders.

I had some ideas about stripping and re-finishing it, but just bringing it home and assembling it was enough to keep me occupied for a few days.


It had three wooden sections, and even when I removed the drawers I could barely move it.

Some of the drawers were wooden and some plastic.

They had metal inserts to hold the cards, which I had to figure out how to remove.


In the end I didn't regret bringing it home!

It has so much more character than my plastic bins.


What makes it even more special, is that this card catalog came from the same school I went to as a kid.

It was meant to be...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts