Powerfully Fresh Sunday, with some Angels

Today, Sunday, I started my day by doing laundry.

I had a hefty, 2 gallon jug of laundry detergent in my trunk for a couple days.


Last night, I caught a whiff of fresh scent in my car.

Last week I had replaced the car's air freshener "tree," but this was a DIFFERENT scent...


Somehow, the cap on the jug of detergent had come off.

Most of it landed in this area of my trunk. 

Luckily it was contained to this area.

I was able to scoop out a good portion of the detergent into a shoe box.

The spill made up the major portion of the jug.

Now my car will be smelling spring fresh! 

All winter.


I made a few jewelry things this past week. 

This bracelet, with agate and glass beads from Jo-Ann's, is a favorite:


While I was crafting, I found this wrapped wire element in a container:


It comes from the craft store like this.

I had it for many years and never made anything with it.

I decided to wrap it with more wire, and some tiny peridot stones from Fire Mountain.


I had the idea to make two earrings, but this took a long time, and it became too heavy.

I only made one, and it will be a pendant.



The week at work went slow.

I was having issues with a new pair of glasses.

One day, I photographed my desk, to show the optometrist.


It's a nice snapshot of a boring day at work.

Another day, Big Red came in to say hi.


Big Red is really THAT big.

He usually comes by once a day for a treat and a visit.

When he doesn't come by during the whole day, I get worried! 


Another day, somebody brought in some broken angels to the office.

People don't like to throw old or damaged religious icons and books into the trash.


I decided to fix them.


I like the Japanese style of fixing broken things, like pottery, with gold, called Kintsugi.

For the other angel, I used a dimensional paint, because it has "body."

This time I remembered not to smear the "glue", so that it remained looking like solder.

I could have fixed it seamlessly, but I think this way is more interesting. 

I added it to my flower box, where I have already some other broken angels.


Here is one angel, that I found with broken hands at Hobby Lobby: 

I fixed it with the hands of a toy wrestler. 

It didn't turn out very well...

I have a second, identical broken angel from a different Hobby Lobby.

I haven't fixed it, yet, but I gave it sunglasses:

One of these days, I will visit a thrift store to find the missing piece.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts