Time for changes

Over the weekend I bought a new sketchbook, because I filled the other one.


It matches the color of my drafting table, complete with paint stains and everything.





I decorated the front.




I picked some lillies in my garden:



I didn't have much time to draw them so it was only so/so:





I was very happy with the sketchbook, because the ink doesn't bleed through the paper.





This week was also the new fiscal year for the church.


It is both a time for saying goodbye and for welcoming new people.

The priests get re-assigned every 2 to 4 years (pastors change less often) and start their term in July.


One of our priests, Fr. Marco, got assigned to a very posh parish in San Clemente.

He recently returned from Spain, and as a going-away gift he gave away some hand-painted fans.





This will come in handy, since the office has no A/C and is not likely to get any, soon.



Also, one of my co-workers is no longer working at the front desk, and will be doing data entry in a different office.

Monday was training for a new part-time employee who will be at the front desk.

I met the new priest, Fr. Armando, for the first time as well.




Yesterday, I also caught an injured feral rabbit on the property, and put it in a box.




(You can't see it in this box, but this picture describes the office.)

Edit: I called Animal Control and a handsome officer came and took it away.



It is hard for me to get excited about the new staff, because I am dealing with computer issues.




The new computers that were installed in March, do not read the old filing system.

In order to archive records and print certificates, I have to go to my old computer in a back office.

This is discouraging, especially on days when I am the only person at the front desk.



The IT department promised to install a program that would read the old files.

That was months ago, and there is no sign of progress in that area.


Even worse, two weeks ago, the program I used to print certificates got deleted from the server, and no one can find it.

I made up a new template, but it requires filling in each field by hand, instead of just selecting the whole file and hitting "print."


And last month, after a power outage, the server got out of synch with the calendar program.

This means that people were reserving events and they were not being saved to the calendar.

It still happens occasionally, and no one knows how to fix it.




I am glad to get the today and tomorrow off, and away from all that!





Maybe I'll make some more art, or work on the cars....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts