Happy New Year!

This Christmas, I got a gift of beads!


My sister sent me some beads from the Fire Mountain company.



They were mostly agate or jade-like beads, in colors which I didn't have.



I had been thinking very long about earth toned beads, lately.


Very specifically, I had been wondering about the meanings of the Tibetan prayer beads.


I had tried to copy this bracelet from the Sundance company, (mine is on the botom) but I couldn't really come close because I didn't have enough of those kind of beads.



My sister has ESP!

The bead catalog is also fun. I can't find what I need at places like Michael's, anymore.

Dad also gave me a couple bracelet-making kits.




I haven't made anything with the new stuff, yet.

It took a few days just to sort everything out and put in its place.


The kitchen is not ready for the new year, yet.

The city came by on the 27th and made the inspection.

They disapproved of a few things.

For instance the outlets all needed child safety caps.

Also the new electrical box outside had to be bigger.

Luckily, the project got the go-ahead, and the workers could continue working.

The electrician came and made the changes, which was another long day of keeping the dogs in a bedroom.

The painter came by and plastered and sanded almost all the walls to fix the holes the electricians made.




There is a lot of white dust covering everything throughout the house.



The walls have been painted, except for the trim, corners,  and along the floor.


Facing West:


Facing East:


They also filled in the spaces between the tile with grout.

The cat approves.



She likes rolling on the freshly grouted tile.

Next, the cabinets should arrive this week!

Comments

  1. Happy New year Julie!Love hearing of your projects and anything going on in your life! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts