fishbowl part 2

The other day I got up early to take a picture of the sunrise.

There had been a brush fire, so it was a very dramatic sunrise.



I found that one of the dogs had taken one of my sketchbooks outside.

After many months, I had finally filled it up and put it aside.

Unfortunately, I left it on the floor by their bed! Must have had something tasty on it.




As an appetizer they also had a piece of fiberglass insulation from the old car I had dismantled.

It wasn't anything too important.




It reminds me I haven't done hardly any drawing, or any repairs to my cars.




I bought some small glass pebbles/gravel at Walmart to put in my vase/fishbowl.




I sorted out some of the light colored-pebbles.




The remainder was the darker and translucent glass pebbles:






This sized pebble was better for holding down the aquarium plants at the bottom.





I was more careful with the water I put into the vase.

I used a mixture of pond water, water from my aquarium, water that had been in a watering can for days, and bottled water.



New aquariums need to develop a biological balance.

This can take 1 month or more, before you can safely add fish.

Using the old aquarium water and pond water speeds up the process.


I was being hasty by dumping the little mosquito fish into the vase with tap water the other day.


I added two more of the little fish today.



If they last 24 hours I think I can safely try bringing the vase to the office.

I'm hoping the fish experiment works.

We already have a problem with mosquitoes at the office because of all the plants.

I wouldn't want to bring in a new breeding place for them!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts