Home at last

After several more delays and missed phone connections, I went to collect the green car this morning.

It looked as though the areas that had not been polished Sunday, had been gone over.


The painter gave me half a can of spare paint, for touch ups, which was nice.


He lost my front license plate somewhere in his shop, which was not nice.

(I asked him to remove the front plate and paint over the holes, because it looks nicer)


It means I will have to see him again soon, to get it back...




I drove straight to Don's shop, which is a mile or so away.





The car didn't feel like it was running right, but then again, I hadn't driven it in many months.



We knew it had an oil leak, it was leaking before I went to the painter.

But now it was really bad!


This was the leak just driving up the ramp.

I'm glad  I didn't have to drive 20 miles home this way!


Originally we thought it was leaking from a gasket near the oil filter.

In fact it was leaking from an oil sensor (the sending unit) which didn't have a good seal on it.

It was actually easier to fix the sensor than to fix the gasket.



After that, it seemed to be my imagination but the car was running smoother.




Here is the rubber strip on the door that didn't line up right:




I don't think the lower left side of the bumper is polished well.

It's hard to tell until I wash all the dust off.




At Don's shop, I also saw my new bigger brake parts for the red car.







There wasn't time to install the newly polished rims, so I will go back for that tomorrow.

There is still a lot to do...


Today after work, I will be cleaning all the powder residue from inside and outside the car...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts