Day off, Inaguration Day.

Today I got up early, like 5:30 AM.
I was happy to see that the next wave of rain had just begun!
Hopefully it will rain all day and night, and put a damper on any wild protests.

I don't work until the afternoon, so I will be able to watch the inauguration on TV, if I want.


Yesterday was my day off. I got up early yesterday, too.

I changed the position of the hanging point on the earrings I made recently.
I wanted to make "umbrellas" instead of tacos!


They are inside-out umbrellas!
However, the long tube bead I added as the "handle" makes the earrings too heavy and uncomfortable to wear.

Later on, I took an art class at Catalyst, Collage and Mixed Media with artist Jacki Long
https://www.artsupplywarehouse.com/catalyst.php

The class is like art therapy, we are pretty much free to do anything.
You can find more pictures of other people's work at Jacki's blog site.
http://jackilong.blogspot.com/

I struggled to make these faces:



They are collage and acrylic paint on cardboard.

I haven't done enough drawing and painting in my sketchbook lately, (but I have been doing more since the New Year.)
I'm still using the same sketchbook I was taking with me to the hospital during Mom's cancer treatment during the summer!
I used to draw, paint, or journal 1 1/2 pages a day, so it has been going slow.
I bought a new sketchbook with heavier paper recently, and I hope to finish the old one soon.

I brought a lot of paper from home this time, although the class supplies us with all materials.
I miss making flowers.
I made these flower shapes from strips of paper and tissue:



I thought the background needed more paint so I made this one:



In the afternoon, I went to the Huntington Beach Pier to walk again.


The sunset looked like it would be promising.

I like it when the clouds pile up like this after a storm:



But the clouds had mostly dissipated by the time the sun set, and it was not spectacularly colorful.




Luckily, there is Photoshop to add the colors I wanted:


Comments

  1. I like the umbrella earrings, how about a tiny, thin silver chain instead of the handle? I didn't do a good job yesterday, and realized when I got home I didn't take pics like usual? I snagged your two from your blog and will add them & credit you.I hope that ok? If not let me know & I'll delete. Stay warm. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! You're great at editing pictures. You are welcome to anything you want.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts