Looking up

Things are looking better.

Yesterday we spent a long day at the hospital.
Mom's new neurosurgeon prescribed her a stronger steroidal anti-inflammatory, to reduce the swelling around her brain.
By the end of the day she was more alert, and talking and walking again.
She was even chewing gum again!

Today she has been calling me at work, asking for the phone number of a plumber with a certain name, but we don't need a plumber, and we don't know anyone by that name.
We're just happy because she is talking and using the phone again.

My sunflower tree is blooming.




Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow when, the rest of the blossoms open.

I made some jewelry yesterday too.
(I didn't copy any ideas this time, just stuck things together.)
I made a bracelet for Mom, just something shiny:
 
I didn't get the string right, so it looks a little square?
 
Some green and gold earrings for me:


Tassels are really popular in jewelry.
I had this large bead and I thought it would look good with a tassel.
I could buy a ready-made tassel and stick it on a necklace.
But I already have so much stuff I don't need to buy more!


I made the tassel out of chain and I am not entirely happy with it.
I haven't finished making a necklace for it.

Comments

  1. Glad things are looking up.
    I look forward to your blog Julie! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts