Model cars and Sputnik earrings



Friday was my 41st birthday.

Most of the weekend, I stayed in, hiding from the awful world outside.



On my birhday, I ventured out to the store, and got stopped at a DUI checkpoint.

There wasn't anything wrong, and the cops were very nice as usual.

They always wave everyone else through, so they can get a good look at the car.



But I was awfully embarrassed because it was the Green car, and the insides look like this:




I really have to do something about the carpet situation....



For my birthday, my brother mailed me some Pontiac Firebird models and memorabilia!


A book,







and some model cars!




It wasn't long ago that it was hard to find model cars from this generation.

But they are slowly getting closer to being considered classics.





Today I discovered some tutorials on the Fire Mountain Bead store's YouTube page.


I watched this tutorial about making some chain mail earrings.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi-BQTXFTws


The artist calls them "Sputnik" earrings.



They don't look like much laying down, but while hanging, the metal loops surround the bead.








Kind of like Saturn's rings.




After that I used some beads from the Indian store, and made a bunch of stretch bracelets.



Some days I can only make one or two but today I made an armful!


Making this kind of thing doesn't take much thinking.

It's kind of like meditating.

Comments

  1. Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Julie! I have it on my calendar now, so I'll be on time next year.Wishing you a terrific, healthy year ahead. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts