Motivated to work on Green car.



On Saturday, the Jacaranda trees started blooming.



In a few weeks, the street will be completely covered with sticky purple flowers.


Last week, I went to visit Don.

I am still very upset about the Red car, because the new clutch makes noise.

In protest, I've only driven the car twice in the past month (to keep the battery alive.)


Unfortunately, Don has several cars to work on before he can get to it.

It could be months...


Don complained again about all the parts around his shop that belong to other people.


Some of those parts came from the first green car, (the one I wrecked and then dismantled.)




When I bought the 2nd green car, besides having ugly paint, it had a musty smell inside.




The person I bought it from, said they rescued it from a storage unit.

Before that, some one spilled coffee on the seats, and maybe rain had gotten inside.


The smell was awful!

I bought a replacement carpet right away.



I started changing some of the interior parts soon after I got the car.

The old Green car had a shade of tan interior I liked, called Beechwood.




Here you can see the door panel is the better color. The other plastic is a putty color.




I kept all these interior plastic panels, from both cars, because no one makes them anymore.

They are scattered all over my home and yard (and Don's shop)




Before the car went to the painter, Don helped me remove the center console.

This would make it easier to pull the carpet out.


The center console was like, the glove box, and it covered all these wires:




That was over a year ago. I'm still driving it around like this...



One thing I did a few months ago, was remove the coffee-tainted front seats.

I replaced them with less-stinky black seats, from a wrecked Camaro.


 Before



They don't match, but they were free. They made the car smell 50% better.



Removing the front seats was a new experience.

They were attached with only 4 bolts and it took very little effort.




This time when I visited Don, he encouraged me to continue doing the upholstery while he was busy working on other projects.


He recommended that I take the replacement carpet out of the boxes and unroll it.

The carpet had sat around in the boxes for over 2 years now, and would be wrinkled.






This weekend, I spread the carpet out, and was happy to find that there were no mice living in it.



The cat inspected everything and found it to be good.




I moved the carpet inside.

I pretended to be letting the wrinkles air out, but actually I didn't have the energy to do much else for a few days.

Comments

  1. I thinks it's amazing all you do and know how to do! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts