Organized chaos?

I spent all weekend moving boxes, of mostly crap, to the patio.

Yet the largest furniture, like our beds, are still in our bedrooms.

There is no where left to put things!


The workers came yesterday and began removing the popcorn ceiling.


We took down dozes of picture frames.

Now the walls look so bare!

Here is the denuded living room.


I'm glad we are getting rid of the dingy carpet and walls!


They also removed the carpet from the spare bedroom where I used to do my drawing.

Here is a part of the room, which I wasn't able to completely empty over the weekend.



Somehow, they managed to move these super heavy file cabinets.

Hopefully they won't want to paint inside the closet. I have too many books!


This Ikea shelf unit is also pretty heavy.


It was also full of books and papers...


They said they will be able to install the floors in the same way, moving the heavy stuff from one side of the room to the other.




Today is trash day. The trash and recycle cans are already full.

It's also my day off, and I plan to fill the trash cans again by then end of the day!



Yesterday we picked out the color of the laminate floors.


Our living room is full of furniture of various finishes, so it was hard to pick out a color that went with everything.

Dark brown and gray are very modern and trendy, which our home is not.




Also I'm sure dark brown will show up the dust right away, like a black car!



I have a strong dislike to light pine:




Different cherry colors were too colorful, and seemed to clash with the furniture:






In the end we picked out a rustic wood with a lot of texture, kind of like this one:

( It was a little bit more colorful )


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts