Pictures of Mom!

I haven't had time to draw or make jewelry lately.
I've been organizing the funeral, calling Mom's friends and relatives.
I'm sure I'll leave somebody out...

Mom was the one who called everyone in times like this.



I'm glad my sister stayed in town to help me with everything!

Today we bought some snacks at Costco and planned the potluck to be held Thursday after the funeral.




After that we worked for hours on a slideshow of pictures of Mom.

An epic job, and every day we find more pictures!

Luckily, we don't have to go back to our regular jobs until Saturday or Sunday.

I'll share some of the slideshow here:



Here's mom with a shopping bag, probably Juarez, in 1947, and her aunts behind her.


When I was a kid, I used to think Mom looked angry in this picture, and she would tell me she was just squinting from the sun.
Now I can just see her full of determination.


Mom didn't have a lot of chances for professional photos when she was young.
Here's a very airbrushed high school graduation pic:




Here she is in the early 60's.


I woke up this morning thing about the missing pictures I took out of the album.
There was one of her and her sister in psychedelic dresses.


"It's where the flowers are," I thought I heard her say, as I woke up.
I looked everywhere I thought it could be.

I even looked on Google.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYii6nxhvUk

Comments

  1. Love the pictures of your Mom, Julie.
    My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family.
    Please accept my sincere condolences for your immense loss.
    Take good care. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts