Melancholy

Today Mom spent the day at the hospital getting her second round of chemo.
They are trying a different combination of drugs that hopefully will have less side effects.
She doesn't need to stay at the hospital overnight, either.
She seems OK for now...


I came home at noon and took a nap while Dad stayed at the hospital.
My neighbor has 6 kids and they are sometimes noisy. They must have been playing in the yard.

I dreamed that Mom was sleeping with the TV on, and some teenagers were playing a game on the street.
One would drive as fast as they could and others would run into the street and try to dodge the car. It kept getting scarier, and more reckless, and there were near misses. Finally two of the youths ended up getting decapitated in a very detailed way. In the dream, I noticed this was a video clip on the TV show called America's Funniest Home Videos. I didn't understand why anyone would find that funny. "I wish I had lived my life," said one of the teens before he died. They kept replaying it. Then I woke up.


When I fed the dogs this afternoon, I noticed that some thing had killed three goldfish and two koi fish and left them laying around the yard.

This has happened about every two years.
I don't know if it was a raccoon, or the dogs.
They didn't look guilty or smell fishy.

I still have other fish, and they didn't get my largest or most favorite.
I noticed I don't have any good pictures of my fish.
I tried to take some pictures tonight:




I still don't have any good pictures.
It's hard to do, with the water reflections, and the camera on my new phone isn't as steady as the last one. Next time.


At work Weds night, I saw a big possum when I took out the trash.


Possums don't eat fish, but raccoons do...
Maybe the water sources in the neighborhood have dried up?


Driving to and from the hospital I noticed that one of the buildings being demolished in the Bristol Street widening project, was a house where one of my ex-boyfriends used to live.
(It's adjacent to a house with a bunch of dolphin fountains in the yard.)


I had mixed feelings about it being demolished.

Comments

Popular Posts