Epic bracelet organizer

Over the long weekend, I had time to do crafty things.
I had been contemplating a new jewelry organizer for all the bracelets I've been making.
Originally, I had put them into this huge jar:


The obvious problem was that I had to dig around to find the right bracelet for my outfit.
For a long time I though about buying or making a bracelet organizer.
I found many tutorials online:

http://www.iheartorganizing.com/2014/08/diy-bracelet-display.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6whfvF8jnA8

I had some heavy-duty cardboard tubes left over from some bolts of material.
One was 2 1/2 inches diameter and 60" long, and the other was 1 1/2" diameter and 56" inches long.
I also had some cheesy looking stretch velvet fabric. Not my favorite pattern, but it was handy.


In the backyard I found a round piece of 3/4" thick plywood to use as a base.

I wanted the biggest possible holder, so I cut the thicker tube in half, it ended up being 30" across, and used the thinner piece to hold it up.

The cat supervised.
She wanted to sleep on the fabric and kept scratching me when I moved her.


Drilling a wide hole into the wood base was beyond my ability.
But it needed something to hold up the vertical tube.
I cut out round holes into a piece of foam core and glued that onto the round base.


I connected everything with hot glue.
It was pretty, but pretty flimsy.
The jewelry stand was as wide as the whole top of my chest of drawers!


In the end, the cardboard tube I used was too thick for my bracelets!

I tore it all apart and used the remainder of the narrower tube for the horizontal parts.
This is the result with the smaller tube:


Comments

Popular Posts