Altered Book

This week sucked.
I lost my iPod which had a better camera than my phone.
I may have left it in the bottomless pit of missing/stolen items called the office.
Everything was backed up, but still...

My mom's chemotherapy was bumped up to next week.
Another delay in her treatment.
She is doing well, today she was able to tell me where I could find a phone number I needed.

Although I haven't blogged, I have been painting and scrapbooking in two altered books.
An altered book is a used book that has pages ripped out, painted on, and pasted into, etc.

I first started a book in a class I took at Catalyst in Westminster, with artist Jacki Long.
That book is a whole other story...It's 3/4 of the way done.

I found this outdated Reader's Digest guide to law information.

Here's the cover... I've only just started, so there will be more to come.


I decided I needed a mental vacation, since I can't ever take a real one.
Through the week I gathered scrap papers that felt like summer, with a fresh, ocean, journey theme.

I uncovered a lot of stuff while searching for my lost iPod/camera.
Somehow I feel like it fell behind something or under my car seat and I forgot where.
I just can't believe I left it at work.



I painted some of the interior pages:




The photocopier/scanner cut off the pages a little.

I still have much more to paste into the book.

Comments

  1. Oh no, I hope you find it! Usually when you have a feeling that it's not gone, it isn't. Sometimes it turns up when you stop looking? I'm hoping it's under something and will reappear. I just started working in my altered book that I started in the class that you mentioned, coincidence?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts