The sunflower tree

Something unusual has been growing in my garden this year.
I remembered to take a picture of it this morning.

Last year I planted ornamental sunflowers along the fence,
so I would have some pretty flowers to cut.
They did OK, and a few came back this year. They were about 3 feet high max.

This huge thing is the size of a tree.



It must be 10 feet tall by now, and it still hasn't finished.
The fence is not quite 6 feet high, maybe closer to 5 1/2 feet, and it's in a raised bed.
Still it's very tall. It towers overhead.

 


The leaves are about 12 inches across.



It looks like it will have multiple blooms. I can't wait to see what they look like.

 

Today I also finally did some work on one of my cars, which I will put in the cars blog.
It was nice to get away from my problems, and escape to the sanctuary of my friend's garage.

I haven't done a single thing to the cars besides change the oil in 6 months.
There are a lot of things that need to be done, now...

Comments

Popular Posts