Today I finished painting one collage and started a new one.
This one is inspired by a famous portrait by Sargent called Madame X.
I used too much ready-made flesh tone and she came out shockingly pink!
Lately I have been trying to make everything in my journal come out perfectly, but this is really supposed to be a sketchbook, so I will not fix this one.
I started this new picture of a lady from Victorian times.
I started out with tearing up random shapes of paper. (This is a gift wrap from Michael's.)
I apply the pieces of collage first around the head because it is hard to find pieces of paper that fit the spaces.
I could cut out the paper to fit the shape, but I learned it looks better when it is randomly torn.