Some cars, some art



Today at work I saw these awesone cars parked outside of the church for a wedding.







Occasionally people use classic cars instead of a limousine.


Once or twice, I have even seen a horse and carriage!






Somebody put soap in the fountain outside the office.






Work has been difficult lately, because of the recent church abuse scandal.



We occasionally get irate customers.

During the last month, the price of candles jumped up a whole dollar.

The computerized calendar system has been very glitchy, too.


Let's just say that lately, when things go wrong, we get some VERY creative feedback...






Here are some pictures from my journal from the past week:

I drew some flowers on my desk at work and then colored it in at home.




It's mostly watercolor. The background is a large stamp of a vintage calendar.




Lately I have started watching more artists on You Tube.

I haven't done much drawing in the past year or two, and now I feel I need motivation.


I copied this lady from a magazine and drew it over a written page in my journal.

The proportions were a bit strange.



I definitely need to draw more.




My friend Jacki sent me a link to a call for artists.

It is for a benefit show for a pet rescue, so they want animal art.

I am really rusty and I don't have anything prepared.



I like drawing horses, so I drew this in my sketchbook, while I thought of ideas.




I am thinking about making something similar on a larger page.


But I don't think I will meet the deadline. I think it's tomorrow!





This video came up in my recommended YouTube videos:


The drawing is anime-style marker art, but then the artist used Washi Tape in a very cool way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixf-W6VNLi0


Comments

  1. The deadline in September 12th, Wednesday, so you still have time. I especially like your drawing over backgrounds, and the way you blended. The video was good and a new use of washi tape to me.Thanks Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts