No art just work






Last week, I lost the hard drive on an old computer I used at work.


No data was lost.

It was all backed up to the cloud.



This old computer had an outdated program that was used for archiving and printing records.

However, it is not compatible with Microsoft Office.

(Also everyone else in the office pretends not to know how to use it.)


We have discussed switching to a different program, but no one wants to have to input all the data over again.

It would possibly take years.

Now that the hard drive has crashed, the business manager has given me a 30-day trial version of the program I was using before.

So, basically not much has changed.

We are hoping the IT department comes up with a solution in 30 days...





It seems like forever since I made any artwork.


The past few weeks I have been restless and not sitting down to make art in my spare time.

I go out to stores, but I don't really have any money to spend.



I'm also depressed about Don closing his shop at the end of the year.

I should get the cars finished before he closes.



Today, I made a necklace based on a design I saw in a show.




It was kind of a gold chain mail thing.



I made the large rings myself, from wire.


I wrapped the wire around a marker, to get a consistent size.



Although I used a fairly thick wire, I'm afraid they will come apart easily.






The necklace idea used a bead and some smaller rings to connect the large rings.



I had to pick a bead with a large hole that will go around a thick wire.




I found a chain that also had large holes to loop the rings into it.




Here I started assembling it.



The smaller rings are pre-made and don't pull apart as easily as the ones I made.



Assembling it wasn't hard at all, and the whole thing probably only took an hour.




It was an interesting project to figure out.

I had to re-arrange some of the rings so they would lie flat on a round neck.

I only wish I had somewhere fancy to wear it.

Comments

  1. Wear it anyway! Cool is cool! Surely looks like a lot of work to me. Techie problems are the pits! My scanner id not working so I have to take pics with my i-phone, a poor substitute, but lucky to have that. My 30+ year old tv in my office quit today,
    and blah,blah, blah! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts