I finished the earrings I started yesterday.



Today I had only a little time before work, to finish the earrings I started yesterday.



I only needed another hour.




Here again is the original design I copied from a magazine:





I trimmed the feathers, which would go on the ends.




Here is one trimmed feather next to a whole feather (also an earring I made long ago)



I used regular scissors and it was not easy.

For instance, I found that if you cut against the grain, it came out jagged.



Instead of trying to stick the feather into a tiny bead, I used a crimp bead to hold the end of the feather.

Here are crimp beads of different sizes.



Some are for making an end to a round cord, or a flat ribbon.


I found the tiniest crimps.




I used the ones like tubes that squeeze closed. The other kind has sides that fold over.




Making the earrings took about about 3 hours, but I am really happy with the results.





These are my new favorite earrings!


I can't wait to try making more, in different colors.

Comments

  1. You are so talented Julie! Would love to see them on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts