Shiny things



Yesterday, for the 4th of July, I stayed home.

(Well, I drove around a bit in the afternoon. The streets were empty. It was nice.)



Earlier in the day, I made a bunch of earrings.


I didn't intend to make a bunch of earrings.


I saw this interesting necklace in a bead magazine:



I took out a box of large beads that I didn't really know what to do with.

I started putting different beads together to try to copy the necklace.

Instead, I came up with different ideas.

They ended up becoming earrings.




(I was making them in this order.)

I wanted to make something vibrant, that reminded me of the 4th of July.

However, other beads went together well, and made a different feeling.





Next I made earrings with some greenish beads.




The jade beads on the right are some from the ones my sister gave me for Christmas.

Both of these earrings kind of remind me more of Christmas and less like July.




I don't know how these came together, but they are definitely keepers.





I made something similar last year, that came from an idea in a magazine:







These last two are my favorite.





I also made some similar earrings on a leather cord, last year, but those were less successful:




It was also probably an idea I saw somewhere.





In Santa Ana, everyone has illegal fireworks that go in the air.




It's like Disneyland, for about 4 hours.




I just sat in my backyard with a bonfire, and watched, until I was deaf.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts