pink faces and other dreams



I dreamed I was back at college and looking at some student art.

There were these drawings of faces, carved into slabs of pinkish stone.

I noticed they were by a fellow student who I was always jealous of.

I thought that if I had only stayed in school long enough, then I could have learned that technique.



When I woke up I decided to draw faces, because I haven't done any faces in a long time.


I wanted to recreate the pinkish carvings I saw in my dream.


I sketched some faces with some water-soluble crayon.






I used a mixture of acrylic paint and some medium (matte Mod-podge) to thin it out.




I applied the paint over the sketches with a old credit card, like a palette knife effect.



I went over the sketches with more crayon, and painted over them again.






I wasn't entirely happy with the result, but it felt good to make some art.




I also dreamed I was moving out of a high-rise apartment.

I could only take things out, one suitcase at a time, because the elevator was small.

I watched some jets doing maneuvers, like an air show.

Eventually they crashed.




I was not surprised, because I always dream of jets falling out of the sky.

I was glad that they hit a small building far away and not where I was.



On a random note,


When I bought my sketchbook last weekend at Michael's, I also got these acrylic beads.

They look like sea glass.





I picked out only the light blue ones and used them with actual glass, to make a necklace and bracelet.





I made these before I went to the Sawdust festival, on Thursday.

The sea glass reminded me I hadn't been there in a while.

I still haven't made anything inspired by my trip there...

Comments

  1. I love the sea glass colors! And so glad you are doing faces. I especially like the first, semi-angry face.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts