Pen and Ink



This week, I found myself using pen and ink in my sketchbook.


I like drawing horses.





In the past few years, the major thoroughbred auctions put up live streaming videos, online.




You can pause it, too, which makes it easy to draw the shiny, pretty horses.



I have never been to an auction, but it seems exciting.






I have quite a collection of pen nibs, (half of which are rusted and crusty and useless.)



Some of the brass ones are for calligraphy.

Some of them were Mom's. I never saw her actually use them, but I wasn't allowed to either.


Eventually I got my hands on them and tried anyway, and ruined some, but it was fun. 



In college I wanted to draw comic books, so I tried out a lot of other pen points, too.



This week I used this point and ink, (a Hunt (crow quill?) but I don't know what number.)






Yesterday I binge-watched a British Victorian drama, on Amazon Prime.


The characters and plot were very one-dimensional, but their outfits were great!




I started out drawing the characters because I was bored. 



At first I made them look a little comical.




Handling the pen was sometimes difficult, so I made blobs here and there.

I didn't think I would watch the whole 4 hour miniseries.




Something about a doctor, by the author of Downton Abbey, (which I also couldn't finish.)




I was surprised by what came out.




I really was on a roll!




Not everything came out great, but I enjoyed the drawing, better than the show.




I did intentionally make all the men look like vampires.





 I stayed up very late and woke up Sunday with a stiff neck






Comments

  1. Wow! Horses are so difficult and you are skilled! I love the drama pics too, especially the older man! Hope you do more, they are really terrific, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts